My cooking Manifest

You may find that at some point in my recipes and if your mother ever taught you to cook, that I will say the words "some" or "as needed", this means that this recipe is not written in stone, and that you may alter it according to your experience.

When I was visiting The Republic of Korea, also known as South Korea, one of the favorite dishes and activities in general was going to Samgyeopsal
삼겹살 (I don't know why so many people write it Samgyupsal... that's not the Korean I'm trying to learn).


Samgyeopsal being cooked with garlic and soybean paste
Samgyeopsal the real thing happenning!

So this activity/feast consists of going to an infinite refill Samgyeopsal place and ordering tray after tray of raw pork, so that you can cook it yourself in front of your eyes to whatever your heart feels like that day, of course since its pork the recommendation as always is, cook it well done.

So the thing is that for me cooking is a form of art and as it, its subject to interpretation, derivation, mixing and  whatever comes by. So one of the cultural shocks I had was that a Korean friend would want me to cook my meat only in the Korean way, which goes against all my principles in cooking... so I would purposefully try to get him mad by adding weird stuff to my meat before putting it on the grill so that he understood that there were many different ways to accomplish different tastes and flavours. Sometimes he would be so upset that he would choose not to sit beside  me when we arrived at the restaurant because he would be so shocked that I was doing what I was doing.

Anyways, overall he's a good guy, a little psycho-rigid but a good guy in the end, he loves singing lovey-dovey songs when he goes to the Norebang but hey!... singing  is another expression of art! (he does that really well by the way, the register of his voice is amazing...)


So all that is to say finally that cooking is art, and please express yourself through it, feed your friends and have fun while doing it!